BEFORE YOU APPLY
LICENCES AND DRIVING
C1 licence and reimbursement
This applies to all frontline A&E roles where the C1 licence is an essential requirement for the role and driver training is provided as part of the initial induction and course offer.
• Qualified Paramedic
• Newly Qualified Paramedic (NQP)
• Student Paramedic
• Emergency Care Assistant (ECA)
• Apprentice Emergency Care Assistant (AECA)
• Ambulance Nurse
• First Contact Practitioner (FCP)
Please note, some Patient Transport Service contracts also require a C1 licence.
Requirement at point of application:
- Applicants must have a full UK manual driving licence (maximum of three penalty points for minor motoring offences only)
Great news! We are now able to offer applicants wishing to be stationed at High Wycombe or Wexham station the chance of the following incentives:
- You will receive £1,000 if you stay at your allocated station for 12 months post training (i.e., when you have finished in training and 3rd manning). Please note that these sums are subject to the usual deductions of Tax and NI. You will receive an additional £3000 (subject to tax and NI) if you stay at your allocated station for 3 years post training
- We’ll help in gaining your C1 entitlement! We will support & fund the C1 practical for you. We ask that you have your provisional C1 entitlement on your licence when you apply, and you have completed your theory & hazard perception tests prior or during the recruitment process.