Accessibility statement for SCAS Jobs
This website is run by South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust (SCAS). We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 400% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver).
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability, for example:
Most browsers let you skip from link to link using the Tab key. The current link will be highlighted. To move backwards, hold down Shift and press the Tab key.
We do not use access keys as they may interfere with keyboard controls of browsers and screen readers.
Popular browsers are in general fully supported. If you are using an older browser, particularly older versions of Internet Explorer, we may not be able to give you a full visual experience.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- Some of our videos do not have captions – if you require a transcript for any of our videos, please contact us. To turn captions on please click the button on the embedded video player – this is reachable using the tab key.
- Most PDF documents are not accessible to screen reader software – we are working to update these to make them accessible PDFs on an ongoing basis. If you come across a PDF document which you wish to view that has not yet been made accessible, please contact us and we will provide an accessible version
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like an accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- email email@example.com
- call 01869 365000
- write to:
South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
Unit 7 &8 Talisman Business Centre
We’ll consider your request and get back to you as soon as possible.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
Find out how to contact us.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
SCAS is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018. This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below. SCAS is working hard to meet these standards on an on-going basis.
Non accessible content
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non compliance with the accessibility regulations
Documents on the website
- Most of our PDF documents are not currently accessible to screen reader software – we are updating these on an ongoing basis and hope to this resolved by January 2021. This currently fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.3.1 (information and relationships).
- Most of our PDF documents contain missing or blank ALT descriptive tags. In line with the issue above, we will be updating these documents on an ongoing basis and hope to this resolved by January 2021. This currently fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.1.1 (Non-text content)
Documents produced by other organisations
Some of our forms and guideline documents are produced by EU or UK partners. We will update these documents as accessible versions become available from partners. This currently fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.3.1 (information and relationships).
Some of our prerecorded media (video) does not have captions / subtitles. We will be adding captions to all media and hope to this resolved by January 2021. This currently fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.2.2 (Prerecorded)
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
PDFs and other documents
Many of our older PDFs produced before 23 September 2018 do not meet accessibility standards – for example, they may not be structured so they’re accessible to a screen reader.
Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish for guidance and reports will meet accessibility standards. Some fillable forms which need to be downloaded and interacted with will not be accessible until we move to a new digital solution in the future.
We do not plan to add captions to live video streams because live video is exempt from meeting the accessibility regulations.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 21 September 2020. It was last updated on 23 September 2020.
This website was last tested on 22 September 2020. The test was carried out by South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust Communications Team.
We tested www.scasjobs.co.uk
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We are working to improve accessibility on this website. We have carried out staff training and implemented processes to ensure that documents we produce are easier to navigate. We have added alternative text to all images on our website and will be adding captions to all prerecorded video.
All content added to the website after 23 September 2020 will be accessible.