BE AN CLINICAL SUPPORT DESK PRACTITIONER (NURSE / PARAMEDIC)
Based at Bicester in Oxfordshire and Otterbourne in Hampshire, SCAS’s Telephone Triage Nurse/Paramedic roles form an integral part of your local ambulance service’s Clinical Coordination Centre.
Practitioners are one of the first points of clinical contact and sometimes the first or only clinician a patient or caller may speak with when someone calls 999. They carry out complex clinical triage on the telephone, providing assessment, referring to the most appropriate care pathway, or sometimes providing support whilst an emergency crew are on their way.
These are some of the essential criteria you will need to be successful in an entry level role on our Clinical Support Desk; more detailed criteria are available in the Person Specification for the role:
- Current NMC / HCPC registration
- Recognised Nursing / Emergency Care Practitioner / Paramedic Qualification
- Extensive clinical knowledge
- Significant post-qualification experience in acute and/or primary care
- Triage experience
- Customer service experience
- Experience of dealing with emotionally charged situations.
What is the package?
- Salary: Band 6 (plus Unsocial Hours (USH) in line with Section 2 of Agenda for Change)
- Hours: Full time: 37.5 hours per week (part-time hours may be available on completion of training). Bank (zero hours) agreements may be available
- Location: Bicester (Oxfordshire) and Otterbourne (Hampshire)
- Annual leave: Minimum 27 days plus statutory public holidays, pro rata for part-time staff
- Shift pattern: Evenings, nights and weekends, various shifts