The Contact Centre is a single point of access for a number of contracts that relate to the provision of non-emergency patient transport.
The Contact Centre receive telephone calls from a range of people, including patients, GP surgery staff, and other health care colleagues, and handles in excess of 250,000 calls per year. It is operational 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Call Handlers are the first point of contact for the majority of calls received.
These are some of the essential criteria you will need to be successful in an entry level role within the Contact Centre; more detailed criteria are available in the Person Specification for the role:
- Excellent communication skills, especially the ability to speak clearly over the telephone
- Customer Service experience
- Telephone and general administration experience
- Experience in use of IT systems and ability to input data accurately
- Ability to work calmly especially when under pressure
- GCSE in English at grade C or higher and GCSE Maths at grade D or higher (or equivalent qualifications)
- Modern Apprenticeship or NVQ 2 Customer Service or equivalent or willing to attain
- You must be over 18 to work between 10:00pm and 07:00am.